Monday, September 9, 2013

I was reading a devotion the other night, and lately I have been really struggling with my self-image and confidence and as I was reading, this sentence really struck me: there is no valid reason for a Christian to lack confidence. Something else that caught my eye was 1 Peter 3:3-4 "Your beauty should not come from outside adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." So instead of concentrating on what I look like, I really need to focus on the way that I look like on the inside. My attitude is all that is going to be really seen by those around me. So if all I have is a bad attitude because I am so concerned about my breakouts or my hair isn't laying right, I will be not being showing the light of Jesus! Really need to be focusing on letting my light shine throughout the day, especially when you have so many around you who do not have that personal relationship with God!

"Gold" By Brit Nicole 

1 comment:

  1. I'm proud of you. such great. wisdom from a young lady. our confidence is in God. he is the only thing that is true & lasting. This reminds me of another verse in Proverbs 31:30- "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting ; but a woman. who fears the Lord is to be praised." Attitude is key in life. Chuck Swindoll once said, " l am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me & 90% how I react." All in our attitude & outlook !

    ReplyDelete